Present your experiences during the conference
Do you have stories, case studies or solutions on ICTs and agricultural and rural development that you would like to share with a global audience? Will your contribution to the ICT4Ag conference teach and inspire? If so, then we would like to hear from you.
Proposals are being solicited from interested resource persons under the selected session topics of the conference. The sessions are designed to allow the resource persons as well as the participants to share their expertise in an interactive manner, and to learn from each other. Your proposed contribution should therefore aim at sharing:
- Specific agricultural problem(s) or opportunity/ies with known or desired innovative ICT solution(s);
- Innovative ICT solution(s) which are helping or could help address specific challenges in the ARD sectors;
- practitioner’s/user’s perspectives on how one or more innovative ICT solutions are improving your engagement and performance as a farmer, researcher, policy maker, intermediary, donor, etc.
Conference Streams and Sub-Streams
We are especially looking for cases, stories, solutions, etc. from all around the world covering the following streams and sub-streams:
Emerging innovations in ICT supporting Agriculture and Rural Development
- Identification of mobile/ICT solutions/apps/innovations
- The changing architecture of agricultural extension and rural advisory services in the age of ICTs/mobile technologies
- Use of ICTs to enhance and monitor agricultural production processes
- Use of ICTs to boost access to markets and facilitate agribusiness
Capacity strengthening and stakeholder empowerment for improved engagement in ARD and in related policy processes
- ICTs as enablers of communication, exchange of information & resources among the Value Chain actors
- Empowerment of youth through ICTs for efficient/effective ARD activities
- Gender mainstreaming through ICTs for efficient/effective ARD activities
- Monitoring and assessing the impacts of ICTs for ARD projects/programmes
- Capacity building models/approaches
Enabling environments for the agricultural sector to maximize benefits from ICTs
- Strategies/Policies – Agricultural policies, ICT policies, e-Agriculture policies
- Infrastructure (ICT & facilities: energy, markets, roads, etc.)
- Multi-stakeholder Partnerships (MSP) and Public-Private-Partnerships (PPP).
Applications should be submitted in English or French.
- Call for submissions of content opens: 17 May 2013
- Deadline for submissions: 9 June 2013
- Accepted resource persons will be notified approximately 2-3 weeks after the closing date, the latest by 1st July 2013.
- Accepted resource persons will be required to submit a revised synopsis and additional information by 30th September 2013, that will be included in the conference programme.
- The ICT4Ag conference takes place from the 4-8 November 2013.
Submit your proposal
You can submit a proposal by completing the online submission form. Download a copy of the submission form below. Note that we will only accept online submissions.