This programme focuses on the field of environmental and ecological economics which analyses interactions between the economy, society and environment. It is at this intersection that we realise the need to increasingly understand the complexity of production, consumption and policy choices. To address these choices, ecological and environmental economists use a range of analytical tools and concepts coming from many different disciplines and fields of experience. These tools allow us to examine and recommend effective policy measures for achieving the goal of sustainable development.
Within this programme, students benefit both from modules that build strong foundations in broader debates on sustainability and those more specialist modules that examine the principles, tools and applications of environmental and ecological economics. The course provides an introduction to students on the range of economic perspectives and tools and shows how they can be applied to different environmental problems, drivers of environmental change and alternative policy choices.
Excellent Career Prospects
Students are employed as ecological or environmental economists in both public and private sector organisations.
Other Courses of Interest
- MSc Sustainability (Business, Environment and Corporate Responsibility)
- MSc Sustainability (Environmental Consultancy and Project Management)
- MSc Sustainability (Environment & Development)
- MSc Sustainability (Environmental Politics & Policy)
- MSc Sustainability (Transport)
- MSc Sustainability (Climate Change)