CALL FOR APPLICANTS
Ewha Global Empowerment Program 2012 Winter
“Transnational Feminisms and Women’s Activism”
January 9 ‾ 22, 2013
Ewha Womans University, Seoul, South Korea
|Ewha Womans University is calling for applicants for the Ewha Global Empowerment Program (EGEP) 2012 winter. EGEP is a two-week program that will take place twice a year (January and July). It aims to empower women working in non-governmental public sectors and to nourish the next generation of women leaders in Asia and Africa. EGEP 2012 Winter (January 9-22, 2013) is designed for women activists in non-governmental public sectors in Asia, with the theme:“Transnational Feminisms and Women’s Activism.”|
On completing this program, participants will have:
– improved their theoretical knowledge and practical capacities from a gender perspective;
– broadened their understanding of women’s lives, women’s issues, and women’s rights in Asian context; and
– strengthened their leadership capacities to build women’s solidarity and cooperation in local, national, and transnational contexts.
With minimum three years of experience, women activists working in international and national non-governmental public sectors in Asia, such as NGOs, NPOs, civil society organizations, including individuals working independently are encouraged to apply for this program.
Number of Participants: 20‾25
While a more specific EGEP curriculum will be provided separately, the following are the major activities that participants may expect from the program:
– Action plans
– Study tours to Korean NGOs
– Cultural and social events
English is the official language of the EGEP.
– Application Form
– Curriculum Vitae
– Statement of Purpose
– Letter of Recommendation
– A Scanned Copy of Passport
※Application requirements should be submitted online ( http://egep.ewha.ac.kr ).
※Submission Date: September 28 ‾ October 10, 2012
(Korean local time, Late applications will not be considered)
※All forms are downloadable at the Asian Center for Women’s Studies ( http://home.ewha.ac.kr/‾acws/eng/0605.html ).