As support for the range of invited plenary speakers to the World Congress, there will be a published proceedings distributed to all Congress attendees and available online. This proceeding will include a range of papers submitted by landscape architecture practitioners and academics which broadens the discussion and debate on the Congress theme and sub-theme. Any submitter whose paper is accepted will be required to register for the Congress.
The closing date for abstract submissions is 31 October 2012.
Accepted abstract submitters will then be required to register and finalise a paper for the proceedings by January 31 2013.
Congress Theme – Shared wisdom in an age of change – overview
Never has the discipline of landscape architecture been more relevant than in this age of momentous global change, where current approaches to management of our landscape can no longer be sustained.
IFLA50; shared wisdom in an age of change’ provides a framework within which to consider our changing landscape through multiple dimensions of wisdom. Whether exploring ancient wisdom, reaching across realms of contemporary knowledge, or imagining a more resilient future, shared wisdom strengthens our ability to effect positive change.
Abstract Submissions may be made under the following themes:
- Contemporary issues around globalisation
- Indigenous wisdom
- Local landscape
- Radical change and resilience
- Rural landscapes
- Urban landscapes
When submitting an abstract please follow the guidelines below:
- Abstracts should be typed into the template provided on the online submission formand saved on your computer for later reference.
- The filename of the Word document should contain alpha/numeric characters only with no spaces.
- The abstract should be typed in Arial font, size 10pt.
- The abstract text should be limited to 250 words.
- The abstract should not include author names or affiliations as the abstract will be subject to a blind double-review process. You will enter this information later when completing the online form.
- Paragraphs must be separated by an empty line and must be left justified. Do not indent the first line of a paragraph.
Click the link to the online form to submit details of your abstract.
After completing the online form, you will be prompted to ‘Upload new or revised abstract’.
Select ‘Browse’ to locate the abstract file on your computer.
Select ‘Upload Abstract’.
Once completing the abstract submission process you will receive an email confirming this. If you do not receive an email within 24hrs, please contact email@example.com.
Acceptance of abstracts will be based on the outcome of a double-blind review. Submitters will be notified of acceptance in November 2012.
Call for abstracts: 15 May
Closing Date for submission of abstracts: 31 October
Acceptance of abstract: By the end of November
Submission deadline for full paper: 31 January 2013
If you have any queries please don’t hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org