1. Bigyan Memorial Research Award
On 23rd September 2006, the helicopter crash at Ghunsa took place and the world lost 24 dedicated people working in conservation and environment. Among these 24 was Late Bigyan Acharya, an environmentalist and a member of Environment and Public Health Organization(ENPHO). In honor of Late Acharya, ENPHO has establisheda “Bigyan Memorial Research Award” to enable individuals to conduct research work on the field of environment and science, which will help to build younger generation working on environment sector.
This Memorial Award will be granted each year and this year the award will be announced in 21st annual general assembly of this ENPHO. In this regard, a research proposal is requested from interested students/researchers for conducting research work in the following fields of study:
- Water and Sanitation
- Climate Change
- Ground water resource and River Pollution
- Other Environment related issues
- Proposal maximum 10 pages
- Updated CV
- An Official “Letter of Recommendation” form applicants’ supervisor or mentor
- An Official “Letter of Approval” form department/college head.
- All students who had passed Master 1st year & currently joined Masters’ Second year program and supposed to start their thesis.
- Age less than 30 years.
Memorial award of amount: NRs. 25,000/-
- Deadline for submission of proposal: 2nd September 2012
- Selection Notification: October 2nd Week
- Duration of Research Grant: November 2012 – April 2013 (6 months)
2. Raju Memorial Youth Award
On April 21, 2011, Environment and Public Health Organization had lost a member, young colleague and a youth working with ideas and commitment to bring safe drinking water and sanitation to rural people of Nepal. In recognition of this untimely and tragic loss, ENPHO has established “Raju Memorial Youth Award” to be awarded to individual or organization working remarkably on water and sanitation sector in Nepal. In this regard, individual or organizations working in water and sanitation sector in various areas of Nepal are requested for application along with detailed documents reflecting experiences in the following address.
- Proposal (flexible)
- Organizational Profile (If you are approaching through organization) Valid recommendation letter from two professional referee (If you are applying individually)
Memorial award of amount: NRs. 10,000
Deadline for submission of proposal: 2nd September 2012
Application should be addressed to:
Environment and Public Health Organization (ENPHO)
New Baneshwor, Kathmandu
Contact no. 4493188, 4468641