The competition is an attempt to capture and showcase the voices of youth and their contribution to agriculture for development, whether in research, in production or assisting a community to develop a sustainable livelihood.
The project is divided into two distinct stages:
- Developing the story which would be captured in the video: the first phase of the project would be aimed at mentoring and guiding the selected participants to develop a story board capturing the themes mentioned on page
- The selected storyboards would get mentoring support and some financial support from YPARD to capture the stories into documentaries of 4-6 minute maximum.
The final video entries would be showcased through YPARD website with the full profile of the finalists.
Prize: The first finalist would be fully supported to attend a regional conference on a topic related to agriculture of her/ his choice.
How to register
Download the registration form, fill it up (a formal signature is not required; you can simply tape your name), and email it back to firstname.lastname@example.org . Alternately, you could take a printout, fill up in block letters (to assure we could read all the details), scan it and send it to the email address given above.
Who can participate?
- Anyone under the age of 40 years, active in agriculture for development (research, extension, production, community development, farming, etc.).
- We are looking for a flare for communication through visuals and passion for communities and development. We also welcome young people from film or communications background with experience working with agro-communities and development.
The first level selection will be based on the registration form; in addition to age and background criteria. The idea and concept will play a strong role in the selection process.
The competition is not for film making professionals; however if you are from film background with substantial experience in agriculture and development you may also apply.
The final selection will be made by a YPARD selection committee. Finalists are expected to tell a good story as well as meeting the outlined selection criteria.
- Registration and form submission: May 10, 2012 by 1800 hrs GMT
- Online mentoring for the storyboards: From June 01, 2012 to June 25, 2012
- Storyboard finalization and submission: July 15, 2012
- Announcement of results: July 25, 2012
- Online mentoring for making final videos: From August 05, 2012 to August 20, 2012
- Submission of the final film*: September 25, 2012
- Final results*: October 05, 2012
*only for the finalists selected based on their storyboard submission
Selection criteria for stories and storyboard
- Community, development and agriculture focus
- Strength of the core message and a cohesive, focused storyline
- How well it adheres to the themes and expresses the involved person’s/ communities voice
For the story & storyboard:
- The storyboards could be generated by drawing, collage or in digital format by combining images through photoshop/ other software
- The storyboards must accompany the narration and the type of music (if any, such as light/ instrumental/ vocal etc.)
- The frames of the story boards should not be more than 8 centimeters X 8 centimeters when printed. The story board must submitted digitally
- The idea of the film, narration and the message needs to come through in the storyboard clearly.
Download the registration form