Deadline: 30 April 2012
The Cities Alliance Secretariat is issuing a thematic Call for Proposals for funding under its Catalytic Fund dedicated to the theme “Youth and the City: Challenges of and Visions for Demographic Change”. Through this thematic call the CA underscores its commitment towards those that constitute the future of a city.
The thematic call has three main objectives in line with the ‘catalytic’ nature of the Fund:
To raise awareness of the role of youth in urban development at a time when cities, grappling with an historic urbanisation process, appear ill-prepared to provide improved governance, meaningful representation, or economic and social roles for their youthful populations.
To select and support, both technically and financially, innovative youth-focused urban projects and to revisit traditional Cities Alliance areas such as city development strategies, slum upgrading and national policies on urban development with an emphasis on youth.
To provide a flexible platform for successful projects to develop peer-to-peer learning networks and to systematically extract and share knowledge that both informs and influences urban practices as well as policy dialogues at the local, national and global level.
- The proposed project must meet the objectives of the Call and the Catalytic Fund, and fall within the scope of the Cities Alliance Charater.
- The proposed project must be implemented in countries that are on the OEDC DAC lsit of Aid Receipents.
Grant size requests must be limited to between US $50,000 – US $250,000.
- At least one Cities Alliance Member must sponsor the proposed project. Multiple sponsors are strongly encouraged. The sponsor(s) should be contacted prior to submission of the proposed project. Proponent and sponsor(s) should also have discussed and endorsed the Concept Note of the proposed project including the role of the sponsor(s) prior to submission.
The national government must have no-objection to the proposed project.
- Deadline. The deadline for submission is 30 April 2012 at midnight (Washington DC time).
- Format. All submissions must use the Cities Alliance Concept Note Template.
- Language. Concept Notes can be in English, French, Portuguese or Spanish.
- Submission via e-mail. Concept Notes should be submitted via e-mail only to the Cities Alliance Secretariat at CATF@citiesalliance.org by the 30 April 2012 deadline.